Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Vegan Dad review: Veggie Lunch Meat

First off, sorry there haven't been many posts recently, I know I said I would post all of my meals, but I think I might be a bit too busy to do that all the time. But I will try.

Now, on to the review!
So I tried making Vegan Dads' Veggie Lunch Meat. And it's very tasty, I did have some problems though, although I won't go into them since it had nothing to do with the recipe. (my burner caught on fire!) I also only added 2 1/2 cup wheat gluten. Which worked out great. I just had a nice sandwich, and it was very delightful.
For those of you who want to know how it tastes, well It tastes a lot like a Tofurkey roast, just without the stuffing. And then you can slice it up and it tastes like Tofurkey deli slices. I added a bit more seasoning also, since the dough seemed a bit boring. I added some extra spices, and replaced some of the water with veggie broth.
So all in all, I like this recipe, and suggest you guys try it, but maybe with a little more seasoning than the recipe calls for.

No comments: