Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pitas with hummus

Oh my goodness!!
I just had the tastiest thing ever! (probably not, but it was still really tasty!)
I've never had a pita before, but I found some whole-wheat pitas in my freezer! Oh my goodness!
So after they defrosted, I made some sun-dried tomato hummus (recipe below), and then I stuffed the pitas with the hummus, tomatoes, and cucumber. SO GOOD!

Here's an estimated recipe for the hummus (I pretty much just threw everything in, no measuring)

1 16 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste) (can be found in health for stores)
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes

Put it all in a food processor and blend (you may have to scrape the sides a few times), then once it's a smooth and thick, taste it, and adjust it as desired. Then put it in a whole-wheat pita with tomatoes and cucumber.

Sorry about there being no photo, my camera is still broken.

No comments: