Monday, June 29, 2009

Live pasta

Here's some live pasta, also known as raw pasta, made of zucchini.





There are the noodles, you're "supposed" to skin the zucchini, but I decided not to. Makes it prettier anyway.
You could do this with a knife, which I have done before, but it does take a really long time, you should get a spiralizer instead.


Here's some of the sauce. Not a great photo...


And here's the finished product! Very tasty, and I'd assume, very healthy. Great for raw foodists, and gluten frees alike (and crazy people like me who just like eating this anyway).
Here's the recipe I used to make the live spaghetti. 

2 comments:

Better Version of Me said...

I do the same thing with zuchini and yellow squash and I also do not peal it. It is a good trick to get kids to eat more veggies too.

Jamie said...

Ha. We don't have that whole "How to get the kids to eat their veggies" problem. I'm actually the youngest in the house. I'm only fourteen and I'm always trying to figure out how to cram more veggies in my food.