Monday, June 1, 2009

Birthday party!!

Another birthday party!
So, one of my friends decided that she would have a birthday party at my house. (she talked to me about it first though) And her party/cake would be my present to her. So I had a whole intricate fancy feast planned, but then my mother decided that she was going to make tacos/burritos. :P
I tried to convince her of having the already planned feast, but she was in a bad mood, and insisted we had tacos, she said we could make both, but I thought it would be completely ridiculous to have two meals at the same place and same time. So the feast was a no-go.
Oh well, I still got to make a cake.
Here is the basic recipe I used for the cake. Whenever I need eggs for a recipe, rather than using Ener-G, or whatever, I always use 2 tbsp water + 1 tbsp oil + 2 tsp baking powder = 1 egg. It has never failed me, except one time when I made a cake with five eggs in it... So I used that there too. I also only used 2 cups of sugar rather than three.
Also, for the buttermilk I used soymilk, plus 1 tbsp lemon juice.

Then I made the cake. And while it was cooking I melted some chocolate in a pan, and dipped strawberries in it, and then placed them on wax paper. Then once I dipped all the strawberries I put them in the fridge. Then I started making the frosting. I made it out of powdered sugar, vanilla, strawberry extract, the leftover melted chocolate from the strawberries, and a tiny bit of water.
Then I made a strawberry compote thing to go in between the cakes. I put some strawberries in the food processor and pulsed until small chunks remain, then with a little sugar and lemon juice I let it simmer until kind of thick.
Then once everything was done, I put one of the cakes on a nice plate, spread with compote, placed other cake on top, frosted (I microwaved the frosting a little so it would be softer) Then I put the chocolate covered strawberries on top, and some sliced fresh strawberries.

It was delicious!!!!!1
The burritos were also very tasty.
I highly recommend it.

No comments: