Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Garden goodies

Here are some goodies I got from the garden today.


There's some chard, green beans, lettuce, soybeans, and cucumber.
I put the chard in some yakisoba today, we still have the lettuce, and part of the cucumber is in the handrolls in the next post.
I was just going to eat the beans raw, but I've heard things about raw beans being poisonous, so I did some research, soybeans were said to be toxic raw from many sources, and green beans were said to be toxic by about half of the sources that came up, and half said it was fine. So I figured I'd cook them just to be sure. I boiled the beans, and just ate them like that. Very tasty.

From the looks of it, I think I'll be getting some more, lettuce, tomatoes, and squash from the garden, maybe a few other things. I've got one yellow squash getting big, I could pick it now, but I'm letting it grow big so I can stuff it.

No comments: