Monday, July 6, 2009

Sunday barbecue

Hooray! I planned a party/barbecue, invited a bunch of friends, made a bunch of food, my this is sounding great. OH WAIT only one person showed up. Great.
Oh well, we still got to have very nice food and a fun time.
It was a barbecue, we had the black bean burgers from Veganomicon, grilled veggies, (zucchini, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and believe it or not, yams) grilled corn, and kebabs. (veggie and tofu, and unfortunately, some shrimp and veggie, I was unhappy about that part) Then there was a salad, some coleslaw, some fruit, and some other stuff.

I didn't get many pictures because I was busy barbecuing everything, but I got two, if that counts for something.

Here are the sandwich fixin's.
Cucumber, tomato, clover sprouts, and onions. Then there was some homemade ketchup, Vegannaise, pickles and mustard.


Here are the veggies before they were grilled, sorry I couldn't get any of the beautiful grilled veggies, I was too busy to take pictures.
I also made a sauce for the veggies, I mixed up some pomegranate mango chipotle sauce with some red wine vinegar, some marsala, and a TON of herb and seasonings. I think there was some basil, oregano, dill, thyme, pepper, nutritional yeast, cumin, garlic powder, fresh garlic, and probably some more.

Sorry I do posts in batches, hope it doesn't bother anyone.

No comments: