Monday, July 13, 2009

Sandwiches

So, I was just going to post a photo of a grilled veggie sandwich I made with the leftover grilled veggies, but then I decided that I should post more. About how vegan sandwiches can be more than just PB&Js, and fake meats.
Sure, if you like them you can still have PB&Js, and fake meat sandwiches, but I feel like if you have sandwiches often, there should be more variety. So here are some ideas:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Some varieties are with bananas, with agave, with almond butter, and probably a couple others.

Fake meat sandwich, fake meat, homemade or store-bought, with some condiments and veggies of your choice. You should be able to figure that one out.

Veggie sandwich. If there are enough veggies in your sandwich, who needs the fake meat? I like tomatoes, sprouts, cucumber, avocado, hummus, grated carrot, et cetera.

Grilled or sauteed veggie sandwich. Grill or saute some veggies, such as zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, and onions. I like that with some sprouts, tomato, and onion, maybe some mustard.

Veggie burger. This could be counted as the "fake meat sandwich", but I just wanted to remind you of veggie burgers. I like homemade black bean burgers, personally.

Marinated tofu sandwich. Sometimes I like to marinate a big slice of tofu, for at least an hour, in whatever sauce I feel like at the moment, then you cook it in a pan in a little oil until it's firmer and lightly browned on the edges. Then put that on your sandwich with some condiments and veggies. I also like this idea along with some grilled or sauteed veggies in there too. 

Got any other ideas? Comment them, and I'll add them. :)

I'll probably do a post similar to this some other time with sushi, tacos/burritos, pizza, and whatever else I come up with.

Here's a nice photo of a grilled veggie sandwich. It's got grilled mushrooms, onions, peppers and zucchini, with some tomato, sprouts, cucumber, and mustard. Along with some mini watermelon slices.

No comments: