Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quinoa sushi


I got the idea from some other blog a while ago, but I can not remember which one to give them credit for the idea. So if you know, let me know.
Same as regular sushi, but you use quinoa instead of rice. I think I actually prefer the taste of the quinoa to white or brown rice in sushi, and with all the nutrients it's got, that's great! It was slightly harder to get to stick than white rice, but I think with a little tweaking I can make it stickier. And it took less work than regular sushi rice.
These rolls are filled with grated carrot, alfalfa sprouts, green onion, and avocado. (Can't have sushi without avocado!)
They were great!

4 comments:

kelli said...

yummm! you're right - avocado is a MUST!

Jamie said...

I know!
Sushi just isn't the same without avocado.

selene @veganlicious said...

pretending for a second this is facebook...like like like!!! what a great idea!!!!!!

Dr. O said...

Tried it today too, but couldn't prevent it from falling apart. How do you do it?