Saturday, August 29, 2009

Farmer's Market

I always like going to the Wednesday Farmer's Market, but we rarely do, but this week, we did! We got so many tasty things.

Here's what we got: a mini watermelon, some broccoli, beets, basil, green onions, wild maitake mushrooms, peppers (green, orange, and purple!), blueberries, raspberries, and cherry tomatoes. (Yellow, orange, and red)



Here is the maitake mushroom, I've never had it before but they gave me a sample, and it was sooo good. I had to get it even though they were expensive. ($6 for both of the ones in the photo) But I think they're worth it.



Here are the cherry tomatoes, they didn't last long. We were eating them by the handful.

And here's what we did with all that:
We just ate the watermelon and tomatoes as is, the broccoli went in a stir fry, the beets got roasted in the oven, the basil was turned into pesto, green onions went over pasta, maitake mushrooms went into a brunch I made (more about that in another post) The peppers were in stir frys, on pizza, and in the brunch, and the berries also in the brunch.
They were all wonderful.

No comments: