Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Raw tacos to live for!

First, sorry about the lack of posts recently. I'll explain why in a couple posts.


So,  the other day my friend sent me a recipe for raw tacos (recipe below), I thought it sounded great. And every Thursday, she and I, and a few of my other friends go to a friend's house. And about half of the time, I make dinner. So my friend and I decided to make some raw Mexican food for dinner this week, so we made raw tacos, a sort of Mexican salad, and some cucumber "chips" (Thick slices of garden cucumber) with homemade salsa.
It was very tasty, the tacos definitely got eaten the most, the salad hardly touched, and only a little of the salsa gone, until the tacos were gone, then most of the salsa got eaten. I really liked the tacos, and will definitely be making them again.

So here's the recipe!

Taco filling, or "meat":
1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
1/2 tsp each cumin and coriander powder (I used a bit more)
Nama shoyu, Bragg's liquid aminos, or other raw soy sauce, to taste

Other fillings:
Leaf of choice, such as lettuce, collards, et cetera
Guacamole
Pico de galo
Whatever else you'd like

Grind walnuts in a food processor until they reach a taco filling consistency.

Combine taco filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well, being careful not to over-salt with too much soy sauce.

Take a leaf of your choice, (I think romaine works well) and use it as your taco shell. Fill it with taco "Meat", and other fillings, and enjoy!

Sorry, no photos, I forgot to bring my camera.

No comments: